Will what got you here … get you there?
Our small group Leaders Circle program builds the understanding and skills you need most to advance your ideas, your career, your organization, yourself.
How Can Leaders Circle address your unique interests? Schedule a no-obligation conversation with us to explore your needs and interests.
• Small groups of 4-8 mixed-AEC participants
• Participants schedule monthly 3-hour workshops for convenience.
• Both classic and new best practice leadership methods
• Group leader and members challenge and support you
Participate because you have to. Without strong leadership and communications skills, even the most intelligent people struggle to lead effectively. Leaders Circle gives you the understanding, skills and strategies you need to lead and communicate, build and add optimal value in your organization.
Participate because you want to. Perhaps you’re already skilled at leadership and communications, but you want to improve further. Leaders Circle will provide new tools, fresh ideas, advanced levels of performance and out-of-the box thinking.
Participate because it’s challenging. Working in a small group from a strategic mix of businesses, you’ll learn how people outside your usual frame of reference think. You’ll work closely with people who share your interests, support and challenge you.
Participate because it pays. Leaders’ Circle is one of the best investments you can make not only in your job performance and career development but also in your ability to help and challenge others, and to add greater value in your organization..
In our 33-year history, participants have included mix of AEC leaders and owner/clients from corporate real estate, education, science and government. Leaders Circle groups often include:
· Aim to bring their leadership and communications skills up a level
· Improving awareness. Are others listening, accepting your ideas? Knowing how others perceive you is essential for effective leadership. You’ll learn strategies and skills to know in depth how others perceive you, and to respond effectively.
· Using 360 surveys and personality profiles skillfully. You’ve done a 360 Survey and somewhat understand your Personality Type. You’ll learn and apply tools to translate your insights into effective everyday leadership practices and lasting habits.
· Clarifying and achieving goals. What is your Personal Vision? What do you really want for your team, your organization, yourself? Can you communicate your Vision so others fully understand? Do you know what to do to Visualize your goals to make them an integral part of your thinking? You’ll learn methods to express your Vision and goals in a form that inspires, motivates and clearly explains your most important ideas.
· Developing and using a strategic plan. Can you use your Vision to develop an effective strategic plan for your organization? Do you understand what strategic planning is and why it’s essential for every organization? You’ll learn strategic planning methods and develop a strategic plan that meets your organization’s needs.
· Understanding business intelligence data. Revenue and profit, manpower and staffing, regional and global economy numbers - data really meets your needs? You’ll learn what a “balanced scorecard” is and develop one for your own leadership uses. You’ll master intelligence survey design and analysis.
· Smarter difficult conversations. Negotiating, informal influencing, giving and receiving feedback. Your one-on-one communications skills can advance or undermine your best thinking. You’ll learn strategies and skills to consistently perform at high levels in the one-on-one situations that matter most for your work.
· Presentation skills. Do your presentation skills fully do justice to the quality ideas you’re presenting? Can you do better than “walking people through your slides” and tell a compelling story? The LCC program will take your confidence, comfort and impact on others to the higher levels your role requires.
· Leading productive meetings. Groups make so many key decisions and try to solve so many pressing problems. But groups too often make poor decisions and underperform. You’ll learn to run meetings that fully engage all participants, tap into their most productive thinking and achieve optimal results.
· Interviewing skills. Your new hires provide the foundations of your organization. Will your interviewing skills identify “fools gold” candidates and lead you to the real thing. You’ll learn behavioral interviewing methods that enable you to distinguish between people who “look good on paper” and those will truly perform.
· Building your team. Are your people a group, or do they really function like a team? Are they a high performing team? If they get along with each other too well, you need to worry about Groupthink, people agreeing quickly and withholding important critical thinking. ou’ll learn skills to shape your people into a team that consistently performs at the highest levels.
Building your organization. Vision, Awareness, People, Communications, Numbers. Can you put the pieces together to build a thriving organization? Leaders Circle delivers the insights strategies, skills, book smarts and street smarts you need to breathe life into your leadership performance and your organization.
Andrew Witkin, FASLA
Witkin-Hults Landscape Architecture
Participating in Leaders Circle was the best step in my professional career. Prior to participating, I had a 5-person Landscape Architectural firm, moderately successful but stagnating. The Leaders Circle group was tremendously cohesive, making for honest and at times blunt conversations. This helped me to see my weaknesses more clearly and take my to the next level. With Bill’s tremendous ability to push us out of our comfort zone and the support of the group my leadership skills soared. We are now a 14-person firm and recently named one of the best places to work in the South Florida Business Journal. We have created an office culture that would never been possible without Bill’s mentoring and skills the camaraderie of the group.
Rouzbeh R. Taghizadeh, Ph.D.,
Chief Scientific Officer AuxoCell Laboratories, Inc.
Leader's Circle taught me how to become an effective leader at my company as well as in the Regenerative Medicine & Cell Therapy fields, in general - including effective communication, conflict resolution, team management, personal accountability and awareness. Dr. Ronco's effective style and interactive discussions made the meetings fun and collaborative. I continue to consistently go to my Leader's Circle toolbox to deal with leadership and management challenges that I deal with daily. Thank you, Dr. Ronco!
Mary Ann Williams
Project Executive, Skanska Corporation
At the time I participated in Leaders Circle, I was transitioning from my role as construction manager to my expanded role as advisor to the owner. I was able to strengthen my ability to observe, listen and communicate clearly by being more adaptable, resilient, self-initiating and collaborative. I learned to take responsibility for engaging others in building a working partnership, seeking what is important so that we could build trust among team members.
Director of Operations, Harvard Divinity School
Participation in the Leaders Circle provided me with important skills that had immediate benefits and a lasting impact. The Leaders Circle members get to know one another in depth. The communications skills gained both on an interpersonal level and in teams were especially effective and this has proven to be true over numerous projects. Thanks to skills gained in Leaders Circle, I feel that I was able to improve overall project communications resulting in more successful projects. Leaders Circle often challenged me and moved me out of my comfort zone. This gave me new understandings and tools resulting in me becoming a better manager overall.
Senior Vice President, WSP
In my new position as WSP’s National Director of Commissioning I have to solve MANY conflicts from all aspects of the business…from employee personal issues to high-level accounting allocations. I’ve been using the skills we worked on in Leaders Circle often. In particular, the skills have helped me listen, instead of just waiting for my turn to talk.
Fee for the complete Leaders’ Circle program is $7,000. This includes twelve 3-hour seminars spread over a year, individual coaching and informal group meetings between seminars, 360 Survey results, and action planning.
This level of fee compares very favorably with other leadership training. Typical five-day leadership seminars offered by the American Management Association, universities, and professional associations cost $5,000 - $8,000. Leaders Circle costs less and and delivers greater value than other leadership training.
The Leaders Circle fee pays for itself many times over in the bottom-line performance and productivity gains participants achieve. One of the best investments your organization can make, the Leaders Circle provides excellent ROI, return on your training and development investment in:
· Improved performance of leadership tasks that contribute most to your organization’s bottom-line financial performance.
Rolling Enrollment Means You Can Start Now!
Our ongoing consulting, training and publishing work naturally puts us into contact with numerous AEC leaders who are interested in improving their leadership performance. When we encounter people who are interested in participating in Leaders Circle we begin working with them immediately with monthly individual coaching.
We build Leaders Circle groups on the foundations of the interests early participants express in their coaching. This produces groups with shared interests and passions and the ability to deeply respond to each participant's interests. We've found that the critical mass for a productive Leaders Circle groups is between 4 - 8 participants.
To enroll, email me, Bill Ronco at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get you started with individual coaching. Depending on how many other leaders are "on deck" in coaching, it usually takes 4 - 6 months for us to build a productive learning mix for your Leaders Circle group.